The Clinton Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of advancing the commercial, industrial, civic, and general interest of the City of Clinton and its trade area.
We are a voluntary organization of business and professional men and women who have joined together for the purpose of promoting the civic and commercial progress of our community. The area's economic well-being is related directly to the caliber of work that is done by the Chamber, and that is the reason that the Clinton Chamber of Commerce has a major impact on business, income, and future growth of the area.
There are two primary functions of a chamber of commerce in general:
- To act as spokesperson for the business and professional community and translate into action the group thinking of its members
- To provide specific services of a type that can be most effectively rendered by a community organization, both to its members and to the community as a whole
In addition to these general chamber functions, the main objectives of the Clinton Chamber are:
- To promote a better understanding of the nation's private enterprise system
- To coordinate the efforts of commerce, industry, and the professions in maintaining and strengthening a sound and healthy business climate in the City of Clinton
- To sponsor aggressive Programs of Work and stimulate activities that will provide for full development and employment of our human and economic resources
- To provide creative business leadership and effective coordination of all interested parties in solving community problems and in initiating constructive community action
- To create a broad understanding and appreciation of the great opportunities in the Clinton area, and to promote the advantages and assets of our community with the area, in the state, and in the nation.