Statewide MS Links & Resources
Understanding the challenges employers are facing during the COVID-19 Crisis is extremely important as we look for ways to safely and efficiently restart Mississippi’s Economy. The Mississippi Economic Development Council (MEDC), Mississippi Manufacturers Association (MMA), and the Mississippi Economic Council (MEC) have joined forces and developed a brief survey to help better understand the impact of the outbreak on your organization.
This information will help better to represent your needs during the ongoing period of recovery. The results of the survey will be shared with Governor Tate Reeves’ Governor’s Commission for Economic Recovery. Please complete this survey by Friday, April 24, at 5:00 p.m. Individual responses are confidential. Only the compiled results of the survey will be provided to the sponsoring organizations. The survey takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
Participation in this survey ensures your organization will be part of Mississippi’s recovery efforts. Thank you!
Please also refer to the other specific state topic pages listed below:
Mississippi now has a dedicated Coronavirus website. Please visit it at www.coronavirus.ms.gov for more updates from our state government.
Links of Interest:
- Mississippi COVID-19 Case Map
- Mississippi Local COVID-19 Testing Providers
- Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
- Mississippi Office of Homeland Security
- COVID-19 State and Local Policy Dashboard
- MS Department of Employment Security (MDES)'s Resources for Workers & Businesses on COVID-19
- Directory of Local Mississippi Health Departments
- Full List of Mississippi Colleges & Universities with Links
- MS Economic Council Page of Coronavirus Resources
- MS Main Street Page of Coronavirus Resources
- MS Food Network - Virtual Food Drive - Food shortages are being reported around the state due to the current outbreak. Support those in need by donating through a "Virtual Food Drive"
- MS Home Saver - Program for providing up to 6 months of mortgage assistance for those affected by COVID-19
Documents of Interest:
- MS Insurance Department: Coronavirus Insurance-related Questions & Answers
- MS Department of Employment Security (MDES): Rapid Response Resource Book for Workers & Businesses Where Jobs are Lost
- Mississippi Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan
- MS Emergency Support Function - Public Health & Medical Services
- U.S. Small Business Association: MS District Office Small Business Resource Guide
Videos of Interest:
- Mississippi Public Assistance 3-Part Video Series
Key Reference Information & Contacts for Mississippi
STATE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT RESOURCES
- my.msema.org – Online application and management of Hazard Mitigation Grants & Public Assistance Grants
- www.hud.gov/states/mississippi/DREA – Mississippi Disaster Relief & Emergency Assistance
- www.mcdema.org – Mississippi Civil Defense and Emergency Management Association
- www.weather.gov/jan/ – National Weather Service, weather information for Jackson, Mississippi
OTHER STATE RESOURCES
- www.ms.gov - State of Mississippi Government Website
- State of MS List of Agencies with Links to Websites
STATEWIDE ELECTED OFFICIALS
Mississippi Unemployment Insurance Program
General Information about the MS Unemployment Insurance Program: www.mdes.ms.gov/unemployment-claims/claims-information/
To file an Unemployment Insurance claim online: www.mdes.ms.gov/unemployment-claims/claims-information/
To file a claim by telephone number: 1-888-844-3577