Marketing Your Business
Questions to keep in mind
- Who is your target market?
- Why should they buy from you?
- How does your business compare to your competitors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your business?
- What message does your business signage provide?
- What image do you want portrayed through your printed materials, your property’s appearance, your employees and you?
Marketing tips to get you started
Don’t be fooled, people DO judge a book by its cover. Look around with an objective eye and take note of how others may assess your business. What adjectives will describe the impression made by your potential customers?
Always carry business cards with you! It is your most effective marketing tool.
REMEMBER, people are more likely to do business with someone they know!
The best business is repeat business, so remind your customers that you exist. Keep a mailing list to send post cards, emails, newsletters or special offerings. Remember to contact past customers and don’t be afraid to ask customers for referrals.
Develop Your Marketing Plan
What are the most cost-effective ways to promote your business? Once you’ve clarified your message to your customers, get it out there. The method that you choose is your “marketing plan” – so choose carefully.
Networking – 24/7!
Look for every opportunity to meet people and make connections.